Friday, November 19, 2010

Photo books and Christmas cards


This might be the winner for Christmas cards this year. Next step is to figure out what everyone is going to wear, not to mention when we will get pics taken. I was sad last year that we didn't get our Christmas pictures done. We just used some of our family pictures from earlier in the year. But, you know when you buy the kids matching outfits (and the parents coordinating colored shirts), you just want those on the cards. I'm insisting on it this year, especially since I'm having a go at making the kids outfits. This card is one of the many I like from shutterfly.com. I've done some birthday and mothers/fathers day cards from them as well, with great results (and some tears) from the recipients! I really love how easy shutterfly is to use. I've looked at a few other photo sites, but shutterfly is the best, and least stressful option for me. Just plop them in and go!

Though I love all the card options, my favorite shutterfly item has got the be photo books. I do one of these each year for the kids, right after their birthdays. My hope is that they will see these and really remember some of the fun times. Also, that they will have them to show their children. I don't have very many pictures from when I was little, but the ones I have help me remember some really fun times. I love seeing the old pictures of my grandparents, or my sister and I in the matching outfits mom made, or me and grandpa sleeping in the rocking chair that I have still and rocked my little ones in. I want my kids to have lots of memories like this. Doodlebug pulls her Disney Princess book down of the shelf every now and then to look at pictures of our last trip where she met the princesses, but she really likes to see her First Year book and is always amazed at how she looked as a baby. Shutterfly is great, because I can make a book all at once, or I can do a bit at a time, and it's stored for me. I usually do mine with the custom path so I can get the pics just where I want them, but they have the simple path, too. You can just upload your pics and shutterfly puts them in book form for you, easy peasy.

If you are in the market for Holiday cards, shutterfly is having a 20-30% off sale right now! Hurry, it ends the 22nd. (Can you believe how fast the year has gone by?!) I am so looking forward to getting our pics done so I can get cards sent out on time this year. I guess tomorrow will be fabric and pattern shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment