Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cupcake fun!

I really need to start taking more pics!

We had some friends over today for a cake decorating party and it was a blast! The little girls had a great time decorating their cupcakes, and the big girls had some adult fun time, too. Lots of noise and sprinkles. I did try out a new cake recipe, a twist on my favorite white cake, and it was awesome! Here it is, if you want to try:
2 cups sugar
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour (I used cake flour, you can do all purpose if you like)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup club soda
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder.
I whipped the egg whites first, set aside, then mixed the egg yolks, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla. Add in the club soda, then the flour and baking powder. Finally fold in the egg whites. Pour into a greased/floured pan and bake. Cupcakes will be done in about 18 mins at 350, 25-30 mins for 8 inch round pans. The cupcakes came out pretty light and fluffy, the cake was a bit more dense, but we like it like that. It's even better after it's been in the fridge overnight.

I made these as cupcakes (and a 6 inch round I planned on sending to Hubby's office tomorrow) so Babyum would have something to eat, too. But our almost 2 weeks of no artificial colors/flavors/preservatives was thrown out when I left the cake that Doodlebug decorated on the table. My mom looked over to see Babyum halfway laying on the table with his face in the cake!! His response? "MmmMMM!" I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment